A vial of blood extracted correctly can tell you everything you need to know.
The Phlebotomy Short Course is designed to equip participants with theoretical knowledge and skills to perform safe and effective venepuncture on adults and to familiarise participants with all aspects of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Sign up for this course through the form on this page. Kindly prepare your documents before submitting your application. File uploads accept jpg, png and pdf file formats and should be no more than 4MB in size.
Next Scheduled Phlebotomy 3-Day Course Dates
Apply for this Short Course through the appropriate form found on this page.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- State the basic principles in infection control and safe patient handling.
- Demonstrate the steps in donning and removing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Perform the correct technique in venepuncture and collection of blood specimens.
- Describe the complications related to venepuncture and its management.
- Demonstrate safe handling of specimen and documentation.
The assessment strategy has been designed to address the integration of theory and practice across the course, in line with the course structure. Evidence of competence may be gathered by a number of methods including:
- Direct observation
- Competency assessment
- Stimulated Performance and or Case Scenarios discussions
Course participants would deem to have met the competency of venepuncture upon completion of the course and pass the competency tests.
- Participants should have at least an “O” level certificate or WPLN Level 6 or equivalent.
- All participants are required to go for a blood test for Hepatitis and HIV before course commencement.
- Participants who are Hepatitis A, B, C, and HIV tested positive would not be able to attend the course.
Participants who are not staff of our industry partner are required to find their own placement for the 30 cases of clinical practices.
- Participants will be issued with a “Certificate of Attendance” upon meeting the required 100% course attendance and competency assessment at the 3-day practical course.
- Participants who have finished 30 practical cases under the supervision of a registered doctor or trained phlebotomist are required to return to CSM Academy International to show the 30 practical cases evidence before the academy can issue the participants with a “Certificate of Completion”.
Course Fees (Excluding GST) $700
- Terms and Conditions Apply.
- All Payments of fees are in Singapore Dollars.
- Amounts presented above are exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Please prepare screenshots, scans, or digital copies of your personal documents as they may be required to be uploaded to the application form, such as your NRIC, Working Pass, Student Pass, Passport, Diploma, Certificate or Transcript of Records (where they apply), etc.
Your application fee for this course must be paid prior to submission of the form. Payment details will appear as you go through with the application form. Application Fees are non-refundable.
A representative from CSM Academy International will contact you shortly after submission to assist you further into the application process.
SEE MORE COURSE OFFERINGS
DISCOVER A BETTER YOU.
Take a leap into one of the most rewarding industries and help change people’s lives. Begin your journey today by applying to any of our world-class courses!