Singapore’s increasing life expectancy is attributable to early detection of chronic diseases. The advancements in health care have undoubtedly brought about positives to the society. However, this increasing life expectancy paired with low fertility rates, have resulted in Singapore becoming an ageing society.
In 2020, at least 3 in 20 people were aged 65 years and above, but by 2030, this ratio will increase to 1 in 4 people and will likely rise to 1 in 2 in 2050.
To help mitigate this issue, the Singapore Government has implemented various initiatives such as building new hospitals and nursing homes, implementing policies, and allocating resources to healthcare.
In line with these, Charis Manor Nursing Home is looking to hire staff nurses so it can provide each elderly resident with more personalised care.
Read on for the full job description and employee benefits including education sponsorship.
- Assist in fulfilling the mission of the Charis Manor.
- Work under the supervision of the Nurse Manager to plan and provide appropriate nursing care to meet the total needs of assigned patients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain safe and clean environment for patients.
- Provide safe and competent care to residents under their charge.
- Utilise a systematic approach in the delivery of care.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of patients’ condition and treatment.
- Perform procedure according to the Standard of Clinical Practice.
- Check emergency equipment/trolley.
- Ensure safe and clean environment for patients.
- Practice as per Infection Control Policies and Protocol.
Job Requirement and Qualification:
- Registered Nurse with SNB who has a Diploma in Nursing or Degree in Nursing
- Fresh Graduates are welcome!
Learning and Development benefit:
- Sponsorship to the BSc in Nursing and Health programme awarded by University of Dundee or the MSc in Dementia Studies programme awarded by University of Stirling
- Delicious meals provided onsite by Charis Manor, prepared by in-house chefs.
Fast career advancement and more!
MORE ABOUT US
How do we learn but by asking questions? Let us know how we can help you, and we’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as we can!