Behind every cure for the various diseases that plagued a human body, is a team of scientists and their team of selfless clinical researchers.
Clinical research is part of the healthcare science that studies the health and illnesses in humans. It determines the effectiveness and safety of medications, devices, diagnostic products and treatment regimens intended for human use.
It also considers the ethical issues that could arise from their implementation for prevention, treatment, diagnosis or for relieving symptoms of a disease.
The Clinical Research Programmes offered are:
WSQ Specialist Diploma
WSQ Graduate Diploma
It’s the first of its kind in the clinical research industry. Endorsed and validated by the industry. Each diploma equips the students with practical knowledge and competency-based skills to prepare them for a career in the field of Clinical Research.
- WSQ Diploma in Clinical Research: 6 months
- WSQ Specialist Diploma in Clinical Research: 4 months
- WSQ Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research: 4 months
*January, March, July, October
- A minimum of 15 students for the commencement of the course.
- Students will be informed two weeks in advanced before the start of the course.
- To provide trainees with skills and knowledge that will enable them to respond effectively in a rapidly changing health arena that is strongly influenced by healthcare trends and both local, and international legislations.
- To support and challenge trainees’ the development of their skills and knowledge to enable them to either enter the industry and/or for those already in the industry, to upskill themselves in order to be able to perform in their professional practice more effectively.
- To encourage trainees to leverage on their acquired skills and knowledge to adapt to the ever-changing landscape in clinical research.
- To provide students with the opportunity to critically evaluate and explore the complexities of conducting clinical research in the current healthcare and legislative environment.
WSQ Specialist Diploma in Clinical Research:
- Perform data Management in Clinical Trials.
- Apply primary medical knowledge and medical terminology in clinical trials & describe the emerging technologies in Clinical research.
- Write a good monitoring visit report for a clinical research trial.
- Manage finances in clinical trials.
- Adhere to safety requirements in clinical research.
- Manage Trial supplies in clinical trials.
- Manage clinical research sites.
- Clinical Trials
- Research & Development
- Multi-centre & Global Trials
- Phase I, II, III and IV drug trials
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Theranostics
- Pharmacogenomics and Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics (PK/PD studies)
- Drug Formulations, Nutrition & Dietetics
- Drug Delivery & Drug Development
- Clinical Trial Hub – Singapore (All Drug Trial regulations are in place)
- Asia will have about 40-45% of Global Drug Trials.
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA) or
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Trial Supervisor
- Trial Manager
- Sr Manager / Country Manager
- Asst Director
- Deputy Director
- Director (for example – Asia pacific)
- Global Director…
At least a C6 at GCE O/A Level English or equivalent or Academic IELTS 6.0 and above or equivalent.
Bachelor or equivalent in Life Sciences or relevant fields.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable and non-transferable)
For local students: S$50.00 (before GST)
(For Singaporeans / PRs / Foreigners with valid passes)
For international students#: S$600 (before GST)(For student pass holder)
Fee Protection Scheme***: Subject to prevailing market rate
Medical Insurance Fee****: Subject to prevailing market rate
***The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ paid fees.
****It is compulsory for all local and international students to purchase medical insurance which is valid throughout their course of studies with the CSM Academy International.
Local students (Singaporeans, PRs & Non-student’s Pass holders) may opt-out for this scheme if they can provide the proof of adequate medical insurance coverage in Singapore.
– Payment of fees is in Singapore Dollars
– Payment method only by Cheque/ Nets/ Telegraphic Transfer
Please ask for a copy of our Programme Executives or Recruitment Agents.
The programme is nationally accredited under the Clinical Research Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) framework. Upon completion of the programme, students will be awarded the WSQ Statement of Attainments (SOAs) and WSQ Qualifications under the Clinical Research WSQ framework.
SkillsFuture Credit information:
- You can submit your SkillsFuture claim 60 days before commencement of the programme, or the start of the course (w.e.f 21 April 2017). According to SkillsFuture SG, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
- Please inform the Programme Consultant on the usage of SkillsFuture Credit and advise the appropriate amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees.
- You can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the appropriate amount to be paid to CSM Academy International for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.