Behind every cure for the various diseases that plagued a human body, is a team of scientists and their team of selfless clinical researchers.
Clinical Research is part of the healthcare science that studies the health and illnesses in humans. It determines the effectiveness and safety of medications, devices, diagnostic products and treatment regimens intended for human use.
It also considers the ethical issues that could arise from their implementation for prevention, treatment, diagnosis or for relieving symptoms of a disease.
WSQ Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research
- Apply privacy legislation and data protection in clinical trials.
- Manage Insurance and indemnification.
- Manage pharmacovigilance activities.
- Select appropriate research design for clinical trials.
- Formulate research problems into empirically testable hypotheses.
- Use medical statistics in clinical trial management.
- Evaluate published research reports and apply to clinical practice.
- WSQ Diploma in Clinical Research: 6 months
- WSQ Specialist Diploma in Clinical Research: 4 months
- WSQ Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research: 4 months
*January, March, July, October
- A minimum of 15 students for the commencement of the course.
- Students will be informed two weeks in advanced before the start of the course.
Course Learning Objectives
• Providing trainees with skills and knowledge, enabling them to respond effectively in a rapidly changing health arena that is strongly influenced by healthcare trends and both local, and international legislations.
• Supporting and challenging trainees’ development of their skills and knowledge to enable them to either enter the industry and/or for those already in the industry, to upskill themselves to be able to perform in their professional practice more effectively.
• To encourage trainees to leverage on their acquired skills and knowledge to adapt to the ever-changing landscape in clinical research. To provide students with the opportunity to critically evaluate and explore the complexities of conducting clinical research in the current healthcare and legislative environment.
Course Module & Synopsis
Apply Privacy Legislation and Data Protection in Clinical Trials
In this module, you will identify and appraise privacy provision in Singapore, assess data privacy in clinical trials and identify and evaluate commercial confidentiality in clinical trials.
Manage Insurance and Indemnification
In this module, you will identify and appraise Insurance in clinical trials, identify and appraise indemnification in clinical trials and evaluate the importance of Insurance and compensation in clinical trials.
Manage Pharmacovigilance Activities
This module will help you identify and appraise the pharmacovigilance process. Monitoring activities and describe roles and responsibilities in the pharmacovigilance process.
Select Appropriate Research Design for Clinical Trials
In this module, you will formulate an appropriate research design for clinical trials. Conducting proper research design for clinical trials and evaluate the literature on suitable research design for clinical trials and document and apply this to practice.
Formulate Research Problems into Empirically Testable Hypotheses
In this module, you will formulate research problems into empirically testable hypotheses. Express research problems into empirically testable hypotheses, evaluating the evidence gathered on formulating research problems. And convert them into empirically testable hypotheses and document how this evidence is applied to formulating research problems.
Use Medical Statistics in Clinical Trial Management
In this module, you will research the use of medical statistics in clinical trial management. Conduct a search for the purpose of medical statistics in clinical trial management, and evaluate the identified literature on the use of medical statistics. Documenting how these apply to the clinical research industry.
Evaluate Published Research Reports and Apply to Clinical Practice
In this module, you will research for published research reports that apply to clinical practice. And conduct a search for published research reports that use to clinical practice and evaluate the identified published research reports and document how these use to clinical practice.
- Clinical Trials
- Research & Development
- Multi-centre & Global Trials
- Phase I, II, III and IV drug trials
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Theranostics
- Pharmacogenomics and Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics (PK/PD studies)
- Drug Formulations, Nutrition & Dietetics
- Drug Delivery & Drug Development
- Clinical Trial Hub – Singapore (All Drug Trial regulations are in place)
- Asia will have about 40-45% of Global Drug Trials.
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA) or
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Trial Supervisor
- Trial Manager
- Sr Manager / Country Manager
- Asst Director
- Deputy Director
- Director (for example – Asia pacific)
- Global Director…
At least a C6 at GCE O/A Level English or equivalent or Academic IELTS 6.0 and above or equivalent.
Bachelor or equivalent in Life Sciences or relevant fields.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable and non-transferable)
For local students: S$50.00 (before GST)
(For Singaporeans / PRs / Foreigners with valid passes) For international students#: S$600 (before GST)(For student pass holder)
Fee Protection Scheme***: Subject to prevailing market rate
Medical Insurance Fee****: Subject to prevailing market rate
***The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ paid fees.
****It is compulsory for all local and international students to purchase medical insurance which is valid throughout their course of studies with the CSM Academy International.
Local students (Singaporeans, PRs & Non-student’s Pass holders) may opt-out for this scheme if they can provide the proof of adequate medical insurance coverage in Singapore.
Note: – Payment of fees is in Singapore Dollars
– Payment of fees is in Singapore Dollars
– Payment method only by Cheque/ Nets/ Telegraphic Transfer
Please ask for a copy of our Programme Executives or Recruitment Agents.
The programme is nationally accredited under the Clinical Research Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) framework. Upon completion of the programme, students will be awarded the WSQ Statement of Attainments (SOAs) and WSQ Qualifications under the Clinical Research WSQ framework.
SkillsFuture Credit information:
- You can submit your SkillsFuture claim 60 days before commencement of the programme, or the start of the course (w.e.f 21 April 2017). According to SkillsFuture SG, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
- Please inform the Programme Consultant on the usage of SkillsFuture Credit and advise the appropriate amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees.
- You can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the appropriate amount to be paid to CSM Academy International for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.