If you are working, you will invariably have to provide customer service in one way or another regardless of your industry or job nature.
If you are schooling, you too will need to equip yourself with Service Skills to prepare for your working life and in your daily interaction
with people you meet. And to be able to do both of the above, being proficient in your English language is naturally required in your
interaction with friends, communication with your customers, etc.
Full time: 4 months
The course is delivered face-to-face, in classroom mode.
January, April, July, October
– A minimum number of 15 students for the commencement of the class.
– Students will be informed 2 weeks before the commencement of the class.
Formative and Summative Assessments
Note:- Students need to meet the attendance requirement^ to be
eligible for the primary examination papers. In case students fail the main
examination paper of a particular module, they are allowed to sit for “one.”
supplementary assessment with payment of the appropriate fee*. Students
are to re-take the module, shall they fail the additional assessment.
Modules are independent of each other.
* Refer to the Miscellaneous Fees
Students must complete and pass all 12 units to be awarded the
Certificate in Therapy Services. Attendance requirement for local
students is 75% and for international students is 90% in any month
of the course.
Upon completion of this course, you can work as therapy aides in various
healthcare settings, for example, physiotherapists, occupational therapist
clinics in private setting and government hospital; rehab centre in nursing
homes and physically disabled households.
COURSE DEVELOPER AND AWARDING BODY
CSM Academy International, Singapore
COURSE MODULES & SYNOPSIS
• Communicate clearly
• Avoid common mistakes in pronunciation
• Give skilful presentations
• Use PowerPoint correctly
• Construct correct sentences
• Undo common grammar mistakes
• Increase your vocabulary
• Play games to improve your grammar
• Read a text quickly
• Pick out the main points
• Understand & explain statistics
• Learn formal writing for academic purposes
• Write good introductions & conclusions
• Cite references accurately
Obtained at least a C6 at Secondary II Levels
in any three subjects or equivalent
A pre-intermediate level English or at least a
C6 at Secondary II level English
(Non-Refundable and non-transferable)
For local students: S$50.00 (before GST)*
(*Refer to Singaporean/PRs Employment Pass/Dependent Pass holders)
For international students: S$600 (before GST)
Each unit: S$550 (before GST)
– For applicants 35 years old and above, the funding is up to 95%.
– For applicants below 35 years old, the funding varies at WDA’s discretion.
– Funding by WDA applies to Singaporeans & PRs.
Fee Protection Scheme***: Subject to prevailing market rate
Medical Insurance Fee****: Subject to prevailing market rate
***The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ paid fees.
****It is compulsory for all local and international students to purchase medical insurance which is valid throughout their course of studies with the CSM Academy International. Local students (Singaporeans, PRs & Non-student’s Pass holders) may opt-out for this scheme if they can provide the proof of adequate medical insurance coverage in Singapore.
– Payment of fees is in Singapore Dollars.
– Payment method only by Cheque/ Nets/ Telegraphic Transfer
Please ask for a copy of the Programme Executives or Recruitment Agents.
SkillsFuture Credit information:
- You can submit your SkillsFuture claim 60 days before commencement of the programme, or the start of the course (w.e.f 21 April 2017). According to SkillsFuture SG, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
- Please inform the Programme Consultant on the usage of SkillsFuture Credit and advise the appropriate amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees.
- You can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the appropriate amount to be paid to CSM Academy International for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.