Certificate in Environment Cleaning in Healthcare Industry (Supported by SG-Enabled)
Apply for this Short Course through the appropriate form found on this page.
Total number of training days: 3
Total training hours per day (including lunch hour): 7
Total assessment hours (including lunch hour): 7
Total training hours for whole training period (including lunch hours): 21
- Comply with Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of healthcare Environment.
- Identify the commonly-used cleaning agents.
- Perform Cleaning and Sanitizing appropriately and safely.
- Communicate effectively within a team.
- Work effectively within a team.
Competency Element 1: Comply with WSH policies and procedures.
- State the importance of Workplace Safety and Health.
- Identify the common risks and hazards in the healthcare environment.
- Share how we can participate in WSH practices within our role.
- Demonstrate filling-up an Incident Report form.
Competency Element 2: Demonstrate understanding of Healthcare Environment.
- Share 3 sectors of Healthcare Environment.
- Share 2 services under the 3 sectors of Healthcare Environment.
Competency Element 3: Identify the commonly-used cleaning agents.
- Share the different between cleaners and disinfectants.
- State 2 types of disinfectants and their indications.
- Describe the care to be taken when handling disinfectants.
Competency Element 4: Perform Cleaning and Sanitizing appropriately and safely.
- State the importance of organizational Guide.
- Name one Standard precautions and share why it is important.
- Share the General Principles of Cleaning and Sanitizing.
- Demonstrate Cleaning and Sanitizing steps.
- Identify the different Healthcare Waste bins/bags.
Competency Element 5: Communicate effectively within a team.
- State the importance of communication.
- State the different modes of communication.
- Share the strategies which supports effective communication within a team.
Competency Element 6: Work effectively within a team
- Share the few ways to effectively work in a team.
- Purpose of the assessment
The assessment strategies are based on adult centred approach and candidates are encouraged to provide the required evidence of competency, along the agreed guidelines.
This unit will be assessed in the classroom and in the clinical location
Evidence of competence may be gathered by a number of methods including:
- Oral questioning (13 OQ)
- Practical performance
- Documentation review
- Feedback to candidate
- Feedback to Assessor
- Candidate Profile
- Assessment Methods, Duration and Assessor to Candidate ratio
- Assessment Venue
- Clinical Location
The details for assessment are:
CE 1: Comply with Workplace, Safety and Health Policies and Procedures
State the importance of Workplace Safety and Health.
Identify 3 common risks and hazards in the healthcare environment.
Do we fill-up Incident Report Form for near-miss incidents?
Fill-up an Incident report form.
CE 2: Demonstrate understanding of the Healthcare Environment
Share the 3 main sectors in the local Healthcare environment.
Share 2 services under the 3 sectors of Healthcare environment.
CE 3: Identify the commonly-used cleaning agents
State 2 types of disinfectants and their indications.
Describe the care to be taken when handling disinfectants.
CE 4: Perform Cleaning and Sanitizing appropriately and safely.
State the importance of Organizational Guide.
Share 3 General principles for Cleaning and Sanitizing.
Proper cleaning and sanitizing steps.
Identify the different Healthcare Waste bins/bags.
CE 5: Communicate Effectively within a team
State the importance of communication.
State 2 modes of communication and share examples.
Share 2 strategies which support effective communication.
CE 6: Work Effectively within a team
Share 3 ways to work effectively with a team.
Assessor to Candidate Ratio
Oral questioning (13 OQ)
Feedback to candidate
Feedback to Assessor
*Duration is allotted as per candidate.
*5 mins break and reinstatement between each assessment.
Course Fees $500 (Excluding GST)
- Terms and Conditions Apply.
- All Payments of fees are in Singapore Dollars.
- Amounts presented above are exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Please prepare screenshots, scans, or digital copies of your personal documents as they may be required to be uploaded to the application form, such as your NRIC, Working Pass, Student Pass, Passport, Diploma, Certificate or Transcript of Records (where they apply), etc.
Your application fee for this course must be paid prior to submission of the form. Payment details will appear as you go through with the application form. Application Fees are non-refundable.
A representative from CSM Academy International will contact you shortly after submission to assist you further into the application process.
SEE MORE COURSE OFFERINGS
DISCOVER A BETTER YOU.
Take a leap into one of the most rewarding industries and help change people’s lives. Begin your journey today by applying to any of our world-class courses!