Professor Emeritus Charles Bryce
BSc, PhD, DipEdTech, CBiol, FBiol, CChem, FRSC, FHEA
President, Academic Board
Member, Examination Board
Professor Bryce heads the Academic Board in CSM Academy International as the President of the Board.
Professor Bryce has held posts as Head of School of Life Sciences and Dean of Faculty of Sciences for over twenty-five years at Napier University in Edinburgh. For two years he focused on International Development for the Faculty of Health, Life & Social Sciences and extended this to work with the Vice Chancellor on developing international research and technology transfer links for all areas of the University. He retired in 2011 and is conferred Emeritus Professor status by the Edinburgh Napier University.
In the last thirty years, he has published over ninety refereed research publications, and designed and produced about thirty teaching packages in a wide variety of media formats. He has undertaken an international survey of the biochemistry curriculum for science and medical students, and a pan-European survey of curriculum content for programmes in biotechnology. He has served on national and international committees including the following:
- UK Deans of Science (Chairman)
- UK Interest Group on Education in Biotechnology (Chairman)
- Education Group of the Biochemical Society (Chairman)
- Vice President of the European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB)
- EFB Task Group on Education and Mobility (Chairman)
- EFB Task Group on Innovation (Chairman), Secretary General of the Association for Higher Education in Biotechnology (the body which oversees the operation of the Euro doctorate in Biotechnology),
- Specialist Adviser to a number of British Council and COSTED Projects
- Member of the Editorial Board of New Biotechnology and former Executive Editor of the journal Bioinformatics.
He has acted as an Auditor and a Subject Reviewer for the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and for the Scottish Funding Council (SFC) and has also undertaken audit/assessment work in Bangladesh and in Hong Kong. He is a Visiting Professor at Zhengzhou University, China. He currently serves on the Standards Committee and the Assessors Committee and Chairs Accreditation Panels for the Forensic Science Society.
MORE ABOUT US
How do we learn but by asking questions? Let us know how we can help you, and we’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as we can!